Finance minister Shri. Arun Jaitley presented the union budget on 1 Feb 2017. This budget was historic as both railways and general budget were presented for the first time together. It has also provided a tax relief of up to Rs. 12,500 making the middle class happy.
The budget has been positive for healthcare in general and Medical PG Aspirants in particular. Below are 5 announcements that will be beneficial to Medical PG Aspirants.
1) In order to ensure adequate availability of specialist doctors to strengthen Secondary and Tertiary levels of health care, the government has decided to take steps to create additional 5,000 Post Graduate seats per annum.
2) Steps will also be taken to roll out DNB courses in big District Hospitals.
3) PG teaching will be strengthened in select ESI and Municipal Corporation Hospitals;
4) Reputed Private Hospitals will be encouraged to start DNB courses.
5) Two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences will be set up in the States of Jharkhand and Gujarat.
The Government is committed to take necessary steps for structural transformation of the Regulatory framework of Medical Education and Practice in India. It will work with the State Governments to take these tasks forward.
RankJunction.com is India’s leading online platform for Medical PG Entrance preparation. It’s famous live tests (conducted every month) give you an idea of your national level rank in advance.
To Try our Question Of the Day click here
To Join our Question Of the Day whatsapp group click here
To Try our Tests for Free (More than 100 tests on various subjects) click here
Take our Scholarship Test and win various scholarships