NBE has released the notification regarding DNB exam schedule. The exam is schedule to be held from 30 June to 3 July 2016. Eligible candidates can register online from 26th April to 31st May 2016.
Online registration: 26th April to 31st May 2016
Exam: 30th June to 3rd July 2016
Mode on Exam: computer-based
Question Pattern: MCQs
# Question: 300
Negative Marking: Not Applicable
Language: English only
Kindly note that the weightage of MCQ’s is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
- Candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree/Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent / provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship/likely to complete on or before 31st July 2016 may apply for DNB-CET examination through online application.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB-CET, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in DNB-CET from candidates completing internship after 31st July 2016 shall be summarily rejected. Candidates who are completing their internship after 31st July 2016 or are likely to complete after 31st July 2016 need not apply for the DNB-CET exam as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
- Candidates already pursuing a DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET till such time they have completed the entire duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after January 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET July 2016. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Registration and/or appearance in DNB-CET does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling and on the examination day.
- A Candidate can register & appear for DNB-CET July 2016 only once for admission to DNB July 2016 session. Registration for CET, more than once shall constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and/or penal action.