Dr Raunak Deo from JJM Medical College, Davangere secured 1320th Rank in AIPGMEE which was conducted in December 2015.
Below is an excerpt from his interview
1) In which year did you pass your MBBS exam?
Dr Raunak Deo: I finished my internship in March 2014
2) What were your MBBS percentage marks (aggregate or final year) ?
Dr Raunak Deo: 62.3%
3) When did you seriously start preparing for the PG Entrance exam?
Dr Raunak Deo: I started my preparation from the month of June 2014
4) How many hours did you study each day?
Dr Raunak Deo: Initially I studied for 8-10 hours daily and few months before the exams, daily 12-14 hours.
5) Which books did you read for the theory part?
Dr Raunak Deo:
ANATOMY – B D Chaurasia
PHYSIO – A K Jain + Ganong (reference)
BIOCHEM – Satyanarayan
PATHO – Robbins
PHARMAC – tripathi
MICRO – Baweja
FMT – Reddy
ENT – Dhingra
PSM – Park
MEDICINE – DAVIDSON + HARRISON (reference)
SURGERY – MANIPAL MANUAL
OBS – Dutta
GYN – Shaws
PEDIA – Ghai
ORTHO – Maheshwari
6) Which books did you read for MCQs revision?
Dr Raunak Deo:
ANATOMY/ PHYSIO/ BIOCHEM – ARVIND ARORA
PATHO – Devesh Mishra
PHARMAC – Gobind Rai Garg
MICRO – Apurba Shastri
FMT – Sumit Seth
OPHTHAL- Ruchi Rai
ENT – Sakshi Arora
PSM – Park + Vivek Jain
MEDICINE – Mudit Khanna
SURGERY – Pritesh Singh
OBS – Sakshi Arora
GYN – Sakshi Arora
PEDIA – Arvind Arora
ORTHO – Apurv Mehra
7) What were the subjects you focused upon?
Dr Raunak Deo: I mainly focused more on 1st and second year subject along with PSM. But in the end you need to have a good knowledge of all the subjects.
8) What was your strategy for the exam day? How many questions did you attempt and why?
Dr Raunak Deo: My strategy was to solve all the 300 questions, I did it in one go. Since AIPG has no negative marking so leaving any question un-attempted wasn’t a great idea. I also avoided changing answers while revising.
9) In which field do you want to specialize in? Why?
Dr Raunak Deo: Radio-Diagnosis. It has been my dream branch even before I joined MBBS.
10) What role did the internet play in your preparation?
Dr Raunak Deo: Internet was very crucial in my preparation. Through whatsapp I was connected to Rankjunction. Radiopedia is also a very important website.
11) What is your advice to future aspirants?
Dr Raunak Deo: Just believe in yourself and give your 100%…leave rest on god.
Our Heartfelt Congratulations to Dr Raunak Deo on his achievement & huge success.