Bank Exams are conducted all over India for the recruitment of candidates into various banking services. Banking Sector in India comprises of Nationalized (government owned), Private banks and Specialized banking. Public Sector Banks conduct an All India Examination.
List of Various Bank Exams in India
- Bank CET - Common All India Entrance Test (CET) for Bank Jobs (PO & Clerical)
- G.I.C Exam - G.I.C. Officer's Examination
- IBPS Clerk CWE - IBPS Clerk Exam
- IBPS PO CWE - IBPS PO Exam
- IBPS Specialist Officer C - IBPS Specialist Officer Combined Written Exam
- RBI Assistant Exam - Reserve Bank of India Assistant Exam
- RBI Exam - Reserve Bank of India Exam
- SBI Specialist Officer Ex - State Bank of India Specialist Officer Exam
- SBI - PO Exam - State Bank Probationary Officers Exam
Bank Exams Eligibility and Application Procedure
- Banking Sector in India comprises of Commercial Banks and Cooperative Banks which conduct the exams for the recruitment of candidates for various positions through advertising in national newspapers. Different Banks have different Eligibility requirements for various posts.
- Generally Graduates from any discipline are eligible for the entry point officer cadre positions in various commercial (public/private sector) banks.
- Current trends indicate that private banks invite applications from first class graduates for Officer Trainee posts while public sector banks invite first class (sometimes graduates with above 65% marks) to apply for openings as Probationary Officers (Junior Management Grade).
- Although clerical cadre recruitment rarely takes place in private banks, public sector banks may recruits candidates who have completed plus two/graduation for such positions.
- Reserve Bank of India - The Recruitment to Reserve Bank Officers 'Grade 'A'/'B' exam is conducted by Reserve Bank of India Service Board, Mumbai. Age Eligibility - 21-26 & Graduate/Postgraduates/ CA/MBA
- Foreign/Private Banks- Officers or other Candidates are taken from parent organization on basis of merit
- State Bank and other nationalised banks- Bank Entrance Exams Age eligibility for these is - 18-26 & the candidate should be a Degree-holder
- Nationalised Commercial Banks - Probationary Officers (PO) Age Eligibility - Max. 28 yrs. & Graduate Degree holder
Banking Exams Pattern and Admission Process
- Reserve Bank of India - An All India Exam is conducted for class I posts. RBI examination consists of General Mental Ability Paper and English Proficiency Paper
- Foreign/Private Banks - Reputed management institutes like IIMs, Xavier Labour Relations
Institute, University of Bombay, University of Delhi make the selections. Candidates go through a 3-wk orientation programme before the 6mth-1yr training, they are made Ass. Manager
- State Bank and other Nationalised banks - Written Test and Interview for Probationer Officer Selection is made by the Central Recruitment Board (SBI)
- Nationalised Commercial Banks - Advertising is done through the Banking Service Recruitment Boards (BSRB)